Di Blasi, Parente & Associados is a Brazilian intellectual property firm headed by partners Gabriel Di Blasi and Paulo Parente Marques Mendes. They have been providing legal services together to both domestic and foreign clients for thirty years.
They have built a team of lawyers and professionals – experts in their fields, serving clients in an array of industries, with specialized experience in the areas of aerospace, biotechnology, chemistry, consumer goods, electronics, food and beverage, mechanics, pharmacology, physics, plant varieties, sports and entertainment, telecommunications, veterinary medicine and others.
The Firm operates in all areas of intellectual property in Brazil and provides related legal services in business law, contracts, regulatory law, antitrust law, unfair competition, technology transfer, franchising, consumer rights and corporate law, including their implications on tax and foreign exchange control laws. With solid patent and trademark prosecution teams and a proven legal department to defend and protect clients’ intellectual property rights, including litigation solutions, Di Blasi, Parente & Associados is committed to exceeding client expectations and delivering world class service.
Some of the services the firm offers include:
- Comprehensive clearance searches and legal opinions, including trademark clearance, patentability and Freedom to Operate analysis
- Filing and prosecution of trademark, patent, utility model and industrial design applications in Brazil
- Management of trademark and patent portfolios
- Monitoring of patented technologies, trademarks, company names and domain names
- Registration of new plant varieties
- Copyright registration of software and artistic, literary and scientific works
- Domain name registration and protection
- Consulting on Sports and Entertainment Law, as well as Image and Personality Rights
- Trade name registration
- Legal opinions and protection of trade secrets
- Anti-counterfeiting services; customs liaison
- Civil and Criminal litigation proceedings to combat IP infringement
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts – technology transfer, licensing and franchising
- Legal analysis and opinions regarding corporate taxation and remittance of overseas payments
The Firm is headquartered in the center of Rio de Janeiro, located near the Brazilian Patent and Trademark Office, the State and Federal Courts, as well as the Registry of Commerce of Rio de Janeiro State. Additionally, Di Blasi, Parente & Associados has a satellite office in São Paulo, to better assist those multinationals and local companies with a presence in Brazil’s largest city and its financial center, and which is also ideally located for housing the firm’s Japanese Practices Group and our Customs & Anti-counterfeiting team.
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Clésio Gabriel Di Blasi (* 1931 – + 1993)
The senior Di Blasi graduated from the Faculdade Nacional de Engenharia (National School of Engineering) in civil and nuclear engineering. For many years, Prof. Di Blasi served as a professor of Resistance of Materials at the National School of Engineering. In the 1980s, he served as Director of the Patents Department of the BPTO. Painting was one of his great passions.
The artist, better known in the academic circles as Professor Di Blasi, was and will always be an inspiration and a great mentor of the firm.